SA — SYSTEM AND SERVICES ACQUISITION
SA-1: SYSTEM AND SERVICES ACQUISITION POLICY AND PROCEDURES
NIST 800-53R4 Membership SA-1:
- a. Develops, documents, and disseminates to [Assignment: organization-defined personnel or roles]:
- A system and services acquisition policy that addresses purpose, scope, roles, responsibilities, management commitment, coordination among organizational entities, and compliance; and
- Procedures to facilitate the implementation of the system and services acquisition policy and associated system and services acquisition controls; and
- System and services acquisition policy [Assignment: organization-defined frequency]; and
- System and services acquisition procedures [Assignment: organization-defined frequency].
This control addresses the establishment of policy and procedures for the effective implementation of selected security controls and control enhancements in the SA family. Policy and procedures reflect applicable federal laws, Executive Orders, directives, regulations, policies, standards, and guidance. Security program policies and procedures at the organization level may make the need for system-specific policies and procedures unnecessary. The policy can be included as part of the general information security policy for organizations or conversely, can be represented by multiple policies reflecting the complex nature of certain organizations. The procedures can be established for the security program in general and for particular information systems, if needed. The organizational risk management strategy is a key factor in establishing policy and procedures.
RELATED CONTROLS: SA-1
NO CONTROL ENHANCEMENTS
- NIST Special Publication 800-100
- NIST Special Publication 800-12